Along with producing many meditation CD/MP3’s, such as Meditations for Abundance and Love: Volume I Deserving and Volume II: Manifesting (available here at: http://bit.ly/meditat3), I have also written a best-selling book, The 7 Fatal Mistakes Divorced and Separated Parents Make: Strategies for Raising Healthy Children of Divorce and Conflict, available in print or PDF at http://inlovewithme.com/books, or on Kindle through Amazon at http://amzn.to/TIRGz4. Individual chapters are also for sale on http://inlovewithme.com/books/e-book-chapters.
Here is an excerpt on how to impact your child in a positive way:
Seven Reasons To Read This Book:
1. Your actions during this time directly impact your child’s emotional and physical health. Judith Wallerstein found in her long-term research that: “The quality of the child’s relationship with each parent and the relationship between parents are key factors in the child’s emotional and social adjustment after divorce.”
2. Unless your child precedes you in death, you will be connected to your co-parent for your entire life. Make this as easy as possible for everyone involved. It is crucial that you learn to effectively co-parent.
3. Children of divorce have significantly more adjustment and achievement problems compared to those from non-divorced families.
4. If you heal your own pain over the loss of your relationship, you will be able to be the best parent possible for your child.
5. Your child is counting on you to provide the best foundation and support possible for them to grow into a successful adult. This is truly the most important job you will ever have.
6. One study reported that when parents related to each other in a healthy manner after divorce and conflict was low, their children in the long run, felt that they were better off or were not affected by their parents’ divorce. This conclusion was based on a study of 173 adults who experienced divorce as children.
7. You love your child and want to ensure their future success. You deserve the best life possible and so does your child.
Shannon R Rios MS is a successful Life Coach and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She coaches parents as a life coach through her life coaching business www.inlovewithme.com so that parents can move forward and create healthy lives and relationships with themselves, their children and others. She is also the founder of www.healthychildrenofdivorce.com
If you enjoyed this article, her best selling book on parenting after divorce and healing after divorce is The 7 Fatal Mistakes Divorced and Separated Parents Make: Strategies for Raising Healthy Children of Divorce and Conflict and can be found here: http://inlovewithme.com/books