http://inlovewithme.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/healthy-woman.jpg 1224 860 Shannon Rios http://inlovewithme.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo.png Shannon Rios2013-11-22 20:02:242017-03-29 04:35:08Food and Health Issue 5: What Can You Do To Get Started?
What can you do to get started?
- Commit to your health, physically and mentally. Make a verbal and or written commitment to eating better.
- Decide on a period of time 5-21 days where you will either eliminate sugar or wheat from your diet. My sister used the strategy where she did not eat any white bread or sugar, she changed her eating and exercising habits and lost a lot of weight and felt much better mentally as well.
- Know that you have a choice.
- Remember this is NOT a diet, it is a way of life. You are NOT limiting yourself. Actually eating higher fat allows me foods I have not eating a lot of in the past!
- If I have to have chocolate I eat 80% or higher dark chocolate – my favorite is Panama Extra Dark Organic 80%.
- Commit to small changes each week.
- Get support from an online community, a coach or a natural health practitioner.
Ideas (some things I have done to change my life):
- Begin cooking and using coconut oil and coconut milk (the real stuff in the can).
- Drink a green smoothie each day (recipe here).
- Limit your sugar.
- Read EVERY label before buying anything! If it has words you can not read or pronounce then your body CAN NOT process them either, put it down and move on to something with less ingredients.
- Do not eat anything with added sugars
- Do not eat anything with more than 5% sugar per serving.
- Take at least the top of your bun off every sandwich and cut your hamburger or meat, and just allow yourself a taste of the wheat if you really need that.